Job Title: Public Works Tech – Sewer FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Public Works Compensation: Hourly
Supervisor: PW Supervisor – Sewer Work Location: Field Operations
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
Performs work necessary to provide maintenance primarily but not limited to the sewer system but also to include all other public works operations (water, streets, parks, and other departments) within the city. Performs maintenance, service and small engine equipment repairs as needed on city equipment. This position coordinates with the Public Works Supervisor(s) daily.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
- Preferred one (1) year experience in construction or utility work or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to obtain Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Class D Wastewater license within six (6) months of hire date.
- Ability to obtain TCEQ Class D Water license within one (1) year of hire date.
- Ability to obtain TCEQ Class C Wastewater license will be required within nine months of meeting TCEQ’s time requirement
- Free Employee Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance
- Dependent coverage available at the employee expense
- TMRS 6% – 2 to 1 match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual of 3 weeks with step increases for years of service
- 13 paid holidays
For a complete Public Works Tech – Sewer job description Click here
For a direct link to the City of Overton Job Application form Click here