The Planning & Zoning Department is committed to creating a high quality, sustainable community for citizens and businesses. We do this by planning, creating, managing, and applying the standards for development
- Attends all meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission and keep accurate records of all actions taken by the Commission
- Serves as the Cities Planning & Zoning liaison for all potential development or redevelopment of the City
- Accepts all applications for Annexations, Zone Change request, Special Use Permits, Special Exceptions and Variance Requests
- Prepares all legal notices and public hearing notifications on behalf of the Planning & Zoning Commission
- Accepts all permit applications for new construction and redevelopment and issues permits
- Coordinates and schedules inspection requests as made by contractors
Building Permits & Inspections
PER CITY OF OVERTON; ORD-NO-2016-01-21B – BUILDING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED
(PLEASE NOTE: A PERMIT IS REQUIRED FOR A PREFABRICATED SWIMMING POOL 24″ DEEP OR GREATER (5,000 GALLONS OR MORE).
Section-105 of the INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE covers Building Permits and when a PERMIT IS REQUIRED or EXEMPT.
Sect-3109 of the INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE covers the requirements for Swimming Pool Enclosures and Safety Devices.
For a copy of these sections of the International Building Code please use the link on the left named Code of Ordinances; Title IX: Building & Land Use Regulations; Chapter 90: Building Regulations.
For more information regarding permits; please contact the City Secretary / Community Development Coordinator’s office at 903-834-3171.
Building Permit Application Forms: