In accordance with the City’s Ordinances, Texas Municipalities Laws and Procedures and the Texas Local Government Code:
- Attends all meetings of the city council and keep accurate records of all actions taken by the council
- Administer oaths;
- Attest contracts, assessment certificates, and other legal documents when executed by the authorized officers of the city;
- Serve as the election official for all city elections;
- Serve as the official records manager and records retention manager for the city; and
- Perform such other duties as may be required by the city council, ordinance or state law.
- The City Secretary is also required to post all City Council meeting agendas as required by the Open Meetings Act and processes all requests for public records as required by the Public Information Act. The City Secretary also functions as the Cemetery Administrator, Community Development Coordinator, Human Resource Director and Website Administrator.
Contact the City Secretary
903-834-3171 x 235
Request to be on City Council Agenda