Office of the City Secretary / Community Development Coordinator / HR Director
In accordance with the City’s Ordinances, Texas Municipalities Laws and Procedures and the Texas Local Government Code:
- Attends all meetings of the city council and keep accurate records of all actions taken by the council
- Administer oaths;
- Attest contracts, assessment certificates, and other legal documents when executed by the authorized officers of the city;
- Serve as the election official for all city elections;
- Serve as the official records manager and records retention manager for the city; and
- Perform such other duties as may be required by the city council, ordinance or state law.
- The City Secretary is also required to post all City Council meeting agendas as required by the Open Meetings Act and processes all requests for public records as required by the Public Information Act. The City Secretary also functions as the Cemetery Administrator, Community Development Coordinator, Human Resource Director and Website Administrator.
Community Development Coordinator
The Planning & Zoning Department is committed to creating a high quality, sustainable community for citizens and businesses. We do this by planning, creating, managing, and applying the standards for development
- Attends all meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission and keep accurate records of all actions taken by the Commission
- Serves as the Cities Planning & Zoning liaison for all potential development or redevelopment of the City
- Accepts all applications for Annexations, Zone Change request, Special Use Permits, Special Exceptions and Variance Requests
- Prepares all legal notices and public hearing notifications on behalf of the Planning & Zoning Commission
- Accepts all permit applications for new construction and redevelopment and issues permits
- Coordinates and schedules inspection requests as made by contractors
The Human Resource department promotes the following goals:
- To effectively communicate policies and procedures to all employees.
- To collaborate with Managers and Supervisors to effectively manage employee relations.
- To monitor the external compensation market for trends and practices related to employee compensation and benefits and make recommendations as requested.
- To effectively manage the City’s benefit programs to ensure their fiscal viability.
- Establish consistent and informative ongoing communication between HR, employees, supervisors and directors.
- Collaborate with each department to meet training and development objectives.
- Ensure that each department complies with all employment regulations.
- Attract qualified applicants while motivating the existing workforce and inspiring long-term commitment regarding turnover and retention.