Utility Billing / Public Works
Know the City Regulations Regarding Utility Bills
Contact Number: 903-834-3171
Location: 111 West North Street, Overton, TX 75684
This page is being edited for accurate information. When it is complete, this notice will be removed.
- The Utility Bill will show charges for Water consumption, Sewer and Garbage Collection.
- Water Meters are read between the 15th to the 20th of each month (weather and/or emergency situations permitting).
- Utility Bills are mailed on the 1st of the following month.
- All current billings are due by the 15th day of each month. Bills are due & payable between the 1st to the 15th of each month, and are PAST DUE after 7:30 a.m. on the 16th day of the month
- A Night Drop Slot at City Hall allows for payment after hours, money orders, checks and cash are accepted in the drop box. Please be sure to attach your water bill statement to the check or money order and write the service address on the check. Cash must be inside an envelope with the account number and service address listed on the envelope to ensure credit is given to the correct account.
- Night drop payments are accepted through the 16th at 7:30 a.m. and considered timely.
- Utility Billing Clerk will come in at 7:30 a.m. on the 16th and 25th of the month and post all payments from night drop. Before doors open at 8 a.m., all late charges will already be applied. No Exceptions
- When the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day is considered timely until 4:30 p.m.
- Each customer will receive a hand written receipt when the Utility Bill stub is not provided or the Utility Bill stub will be stamped “PAID” and the date the payment was accepted at the time it is accepted by the Utility Billing Clerk.
- Payments not received timely as outlined above will be charged a 10% late fee.
- Billings not received in full by the 25th of the month or night drop before 7:30 a.m. on the 26th of the month will be charged a $30 administrative surcharge and shut off (locked).
- Services for unpaid accounts will be disconnected after 8:00 a.m. on the 26th of each month.
- A surcharge is applied to any account where the payment is made after the 25th, even if the service had not been disconnected.
- No extensions on the above listed due dates shall be granted.
ADDITIONAL TRASH CARTS:
- Extra trash carts will be provided upon request for a fee of $5.32 per additional cart.
- Go to cityofoverton.com & click on the CREDIT CARD icon located on the right side of the screen.
- The City Website online payments will accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover and PayPal. The website will also accept a bank card with one of these logos.
- Consumer will be charged a 3.50% of the total amount charged when paying by credit card.
|Payment Due||Past due – add 10%||Payment Amount + 10% Late Fee + 30.00 Surcharge|
1st – 15th
16th – 25th
|Payment made after 25th – Scheduled for Disconnection|